This notice applies across all websites that we own and operate and all services we provide, including our online time and billing platform and our mobile platform, and any other apps or services we may offer (for example, events or training). For the purpose of this notice, we’ll just call them our ‘services’.
We may need to update this notice from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know – usually by sending you an email.
Last updated: 14 May 2018
Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Mango Practice, Inc. We are located at 178 Thomas Johnson Drive, Suite 203, Frederick, MD, USA.
We provide an easy-to-use global time and billing, time tracking, due date management, invoicing software platform for small, medium and large businesses. At the core of our platform is our beautiful cloud based time and billing software. If you want to find out more about what we do, see the Mango Practice homepage.
Our principles of data protection
Our approach to data protection is built around four key principles. They’re at the heart of everything we do relating to personal data.
- Transparency: We take a human approach to how we process personal data by being open, honest and transparent.
- Enablement: We enable connections and efficient use of personal data to empower productivity and growth.
- Security: We champion industry leading approaches to securing the personal data entrusted to us.
- Stewardship: We accept the responsibility that comes with processing personal data.
How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorized into the following:
- Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for a free trial, respond to a job application or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalizing the content you see).
- Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalize and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
to perform a contract with you, or
where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
in accordance with a legal obligation, or
where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
How we use your data
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- marketing communications (about Mango Practice or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimize your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
To market to you: In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms.
To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymity analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- other companies in the Mango Practice group of companies
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to make sure that happens.
All data is securely stored on Amazon Web Servers and is backed up continuously.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymized.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it.
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch.
As a technology company, we prefer to communicate with you by email – this ensures that you’re put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory time frames.
Our email is [email protected]